This policy applies to Discovery Ag and all of its wholly owned subsidiaries and service websites
Discovery Ag means Discovery Ag Pty Limited (ACN 117 305 567).
Personal information – means information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Sensitive information – includes information or an opinion about, amongst other things, an individual’s racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; or religious beliefs or affiliations; or philosophical beliefs; or sexual orientation or practices; or criminal record; or health information.
APP1 – Openness
Discovery Ag will take reasonable steps to implement new practices, procedures and systems that will enable compliance with privacy regulations and ensure we can handle privacy inquiries and complaints.
APP 3 – Collection of personal information
Discovery Ag collects personal information which is reasonably necessary to:
- maintain your contact details;
- process transactions to which you are a party;
- consider account and credit applications;
- advertise, promote and provide you with products or services sold or distributed by Discovery Ag;
- determine your eligibility for loyalty programs;
- register you as a bidder at an auction or sale.
We do not generally collect sensitive information about you unless required by applicable laws or rules.
We may collect information from you in various ways, including via hard copy forms, email, telephone or via our websites. Where practicable, we will only collect information about you from you. We use only lawful and fair means of collecting information.
APP 6 – Use and disclosure
Discovery Ag will only use and disclose personal information about you for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us or a related purpose which would reasonably be expected or otherwise with your consent.
Discovery Ag may also use your information to do one or more of the following:
- assess an application for credit;
- open a credit account for you;
- maintain your account;
- process transactions on your behalf;
- provide you with products or services sold or distributed by Discovery Ag or its related bodies corporate;
- consider your eligibility for and/or notify you of any products or services (including products or services offered by our joint ventures and service partners), loyalty programmes (including our Gratitude Rewards and/or promotions;
- update your personal files;
- register any security interest Discovery Ag may have in connection with your credit account on the Personal Property Securities Register or another security register;
- enable us to meet our obligations under certain laws or under subpoenas or warrants that are served on us;
- any purpose for which the information was requested and any directly related purpose;
- developing, improving and marketing our products and services.
We may disclose your personal information to certain contractors or subcontractors that provide administrative or promotional services to us (for example, the providers of our Gratitude Rewards program).
For information about how we manage your credit-related information, please see our Credit Reporting Policy, available by visiting www.deltaag.com.au and selecting ‘Credit Reporting’.
APP 7 – Direct marketing
Discovery Ag may from time to time use your personal information to provide information about products, services or promotions which may be of interest to you. These direct marketing communications may be by telephone, email or SMS. You are able to ‘opt out’ of receiving such communications at any time.
APP 8 – Cross-border disclosure
Discovery Ag may disclose personal information about you to someone in a foreign country. If we do so we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient of the information is subject to laws substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles.
APP 9 – Identifiers
Discovery Ag will not adopt, use or disclose a Commonwealth Government related identifier unless particular circumstances apply that would allow us to do so.
APP 10 and APP 11 – Quality and security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant and stored in a secure environment protected from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If we no longer need the personal information we hold about you, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify that information.
We train people who work for us on how to handle personal information appropriately and we restrict access to what is necessary for specific job functions.
APP 12 and APP 13 – Access and correction
You are entitled to request access to personal information about you which we hold and to ask us to correct this information where it is incorrect or out of date.
To request access to your information, please contact the Discovery Ag privacy officer using the contact details below. Discovery Ag will not charge you for lodging a request to access your personal information. However, we may charge you the reasonable costs associated with making the personal information available to you eg postage, photocopying.
There are some circumstances such as emergency situations, law enforcement, or other public interest circumstances where access to your personal information may be denied. In these circumstances we will provide you with a written explanation detailing the reasons for denying your request.
Privacy Officer Contact Details
Policy last updated: 1 March 2018